Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yesterday, I had to go to the Hospital for a sedated ABR hearing test. This test will tell the doctors whether or not I need a hearing aid.

It was really hard for me. Two nurses and Mommy and Daddy had to hold me down while they put in my IV. I was really crying and trying to escape Mommy's arms when they gave me the Sedative, Propafol. Daddy was watching my face and said I was screaming one second and then my eyes rolled back and off to sleep I went.

After the test, Mommy and Daddy came back in the room and the Audiologist told them I passed the test. That means no big bulky hearing aid for me!! They did make a mold for new ear plugs. I need them when I take a bath because of my ear tubes. I am so happy that I passed the test and I know Mommy and Daddy are thrilled.

Saturday before the test, we had a party for Alex and Sarah's birthdays at the pool. It was great fun for all my brothers and sisters and their friends but I fell asleep!!

As a side note...Daddy bought me 3 new outfits on Sunday and I love them!! I am definitely a shop-a-holic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment